CONTROL SYSTEM MODERNIZATION AND RETROFIT
Old control systems are a serious constraint for reliable operation. When the obsolescence risk of control system becomes too high or when the factory production system repeatedly shows indefinable symptoms, a retrofit of the entire control system may be required to ensure reliable operation over time.
American Smart Technologies provides retrofit and upgrade for Legacy control system with latest modern hardware and software technologies. Control system retrofits deliver a higher level of control, reliability and availability for the plant.
We will make a complete review of your systems in order to identify modernization opportunities with the greatest ROI and suggest an evolution path that will increase the efficiency and the productivity of your plant.
During the retrofit American Smart Technologies provides the entire portfolio of hardware, software, installation & commissioning. We can also add training of your personnel on how to operate the new system. A well planned and prepared control system retrofit can be performed on site in the plants overhaul shutdown days. Our qualified and experienced controls engineers have extensive knowledge regarding the required system configuration, commissioning and testing. They will ensure an optimal operation of the control system.
We perform retrofitting in Turnkey format and go beyond the control system and our retrofit solution encompass field instrumentation, junction boxes, field cable through following actions:
- Site survey and specification
- Engineering and drafting of hard and software
- Specification and writing of software and HMI
- Building of the new control system
- In-house control system test followed by a customer witnessed Factory Acceptance Test
- Removal of old- and installation of new control system and instrumentation
- Loop checking, system checks and start-up
- Final handover & documentation
- Training of operators and technicians
BENEFITS OF CONTROL SYSTEM RETROFITS
Retrofitting old or obsolete control systems brings a number of benefits. A well-performed control system retrofit will pay itself back in only a few years time.
- Prevent control system failures or problems
- No dependency on the availability of obsolete parts
- Optimized reliability, availability, performance & maintainability
- Improved operator interfaces with more data and clearer visualizations